Good oral health is essential for optimum well-being. Aside from practicing dental hygiene at home, regular trips to a Houston dentist is a must. Getting a dental cleaning every 6 months has many benefits. You can prevent cavities and tooth decay instead of going through the stress of treating them. If you’re thinking of booking your last cleaning of the year, turn to the experts at Centra Dental. We embrace your smiles as we keep your teeth and gums healthy. Here’s more information on our dental services.
Should I Book Before the Year Ends?
If you have outstanding appointments to a Houston dentist, it’s a good idea to book them before the year ends. Most insurance plans don’t roll over to the new year. You wouldn’t want your hard-earned dollars to go to waste. Another reason to book now is for a post-holiday cleaning. After all the delicious food you ate in the last few weeks, it’s time to get your teeth cleaned. Preventive oral care can even save you money in the long run. Instead of waiting for plaque to build up, you and your family can get dental cleanings.
What to Expect During a Dental Cleaning
Some plaque cannot be removed through brushing alone. Dental cleanings are needed to prevent root canals and dental fillings, especially if you have Houston braces. Here are some of the steps you can expect from your Houston family dentist.
- Physical checkup - Before anything else, your Houston dentist will examine your teeth and gums. If there are any causes of concern, your dentist will detect them. They will make sure that everything looks good before proceeding with cleaning.
- Plaque removal - Your dentist will use a scaler to remove all tartar and plaque around your teeth and gums. Sometimes, plaque gets so hard that it takes longer to remove. The dentist may need to scrape a particular spot longer than others.
- Toothpaste cleaning - Once all the plaque and tartar have been removed, your dentist will apply a special toothpaste. They will then use an electric brush to make sure all of your teeth are treated. This is an effective way of getting a deep clean.
- Professional flossing - Your dentist will get in between hard-to-reach places in your teeth. These are areas you normally can’t get through regular flossing alone.
- Fluoride treatment - After rinsing off the debris, your dentist will apply fluoride. This protects your teeth from potential cavities for several months.
Book a Cleaning With a Houston Dentist
Visit our top-rated South Houston dentist at Centra Dental for a range of services. We offer Houston dental braces, teeth whitening, dental crowns, bridges, and more. What sets us apart is our commitment to keeping our clients and staff safe. We have surgically clean air circulating the entire time. We strive to make the dental experience as pleasant and stress-free as possible. Your kids can watch movies, play with toys, or use the WiFi while waiting. Ask us about our dental service specials. We also accept dental insurance!